Bara is made from Ground Split Peas and are of Indian Origin. They are light and Spongy and served with spicy Chutney or Achar.
Bara is a Flat Fried Bread. It's an example of Guyanese Street food
Write a review
- 1 cup peas flour
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp eschallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Water to mix
- 1 pint of oil for frying
- Sift the dry ingredients together, then add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Add enough water to make a stiff dough. Divide the dough into small pieces, the size of small potatoes.
- Roll into 1/4 inch thick rounds, and fry in smoking oil until golden brown.
- Drain well and serve hot with achar.
Visit Guyana http://www.gotoguyana.org/