Mince Balls can be Served with Cook-up Rice or Vegetable Rice. You can Substitute beef for Chicken or any meat of your choice.
Meat (Mince) Balls
Write a review
- ½ lb minced beef
- 4 oz cooked Potatoes
- 1 onion and 1 "feg" Garlic
- 4 oz flour or bread crumbs
- Pepper and salt
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs (Thyme, Rosemary, basil)
- 1 egg
- Crush the yams and chop up the onions and herbs.
- Mix all the ingredients together (including beaten egg) into a stiff dough and season to taste.
- Form into tiny one inch balls.
- Roll in Flour (or bread Crumbs) Shake off excess
- Fry in deep fat "piping" Hot oil, reduce heat and fry until Golden Brown,
- You may Serve on Tooth picks as Appetizers with Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce or with Vegetable or Cook-up Rice.
Visit Guyana http://www.gotoguyana.org/